Choosing a Challenge
In addition to our renowned UK and Worldwide bucket list challenges, there’s a huge variety of other ways you can get involved, start fundraising for us and have some fun – whatever your age or ability. Whether it is from the comfort of your own home, here in the UK or across the other side of the world, on your own, virtually, or with friends and family, you can choose whatever type of fundraising challenge suits you best. What’s not to love!
Following the cancellation of so many fundraising events, we need your support now more than ever before. We really appreciate that the pandemic has hit us all hard and we are all feeling a bit restricted at the moment, so refocus, set some new goals and share in a different type of Norwood Challenge – it’s good for you and your mental health. And if it’s difficult to know where to start, we are here to help.
We are blown away by some of the incredibly creative ideas you have come up with to raise money for us and moved by many of the reasons for why you have chosen Norwood. We love to hear about them. We can’t possibly list them all, but whether you are a whizz in the kitchen, great at hosting hangouts, a first time gamer, an adrenaline junkie, Latin linguist or sporting superhero, here’s a few ideas which may help to inspire you.
BE (VIRTUALLY) SOCIAL
- Host an afternoon tea, Pimms party or challenge bake off
- Host a cinema evening, quiz night, games night or themed dinner party
- Organise your own golf day
- Live stream a gaming marathon
- Music fundraiser, virtual karaoke, silent disco – donate to take part or stream and ask for donations
- Extreme challenges – skydive, live water swimathon or manic mountain abseil
- Set your own virtual challenge – round the globe. LEJOG or climb Everest on your stairs
- Sweepstakes for who gets closest to guessing the winning time/distance/competition
- Couch to 5K
- 3000 press us/burpees or squats in 30 days
BE ORGANISED & BE DIFFERENT
- Declutter, donate or auction – through eBay or https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/worldofbooks/fundraisers
- Set up a birthday Facebook Fundraiser
- Loose change collection
- Kick the caffeine habit, ditch the crisps and get sponsored for each day you last
- Backwards at coming forwards – wear your jumper back to front for a day
- Have an “I’m a Celebrity Get me out of here” eating challenge
- Penalty shoot-out competition or organised football match
- Head or beard shave
- Sponsored silence
- Do a good deed/offer a skill for a donation – accounting, doggy day care
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
- Once you have decided on your challenge, set a fundraising target.
- Set up your own fundraising page with https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving or https://www.justgiving.com/start-fundraising and nominate Norwood as your chosen charity. Or Create a Facebook Fundraiser.
- But the most important thing IS TO MAKE SURE YOU TELL EVERYONE ALL ABOUT IT! Use your social media, add a message to your emails, put a poster up at school, work, the local gym and encourage everyone to support you and donate.
- Tell us all about it and complete the form below to register for your free fundraising pack.
The health and the safety of all our supporters is a priority and during the current challenges we want you to be safe. Please follow the latest government COVID-19 guidance on events and social distancing guidelines for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland when organising any of your own fundraising activities.
Got a question or want to talk to us about an event or idea, then get in touch and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org