Dorset: The Jurassic, The Castles and The Door
SUNDAY 10 JULY – WEDNESDAY 13 JULY 2022
- 3 days of cycling
- 300km (approx. and subject to full recce)
- one central location
- £150 registration fee
Quickly becoming one of our most popular features in our calendar, we are back for our UK “Norwood own” organised ride – this year in the heart of Thomas Hardy’s Wessex, edge of Dorset’s Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and just 7 miles from the beaches and wild cliffs of the Jurassic Coast. Based in a gorgeous 2021 Publican Awards Winner hotel in the centre of Dorchester, home of Hardy’s Cottage, the Dinosaur Museum (we know you want to go there!), the River Frome and so much more, we’re packing in the distance and an abundance of sights and scenery in the four days.
This ride historically fills fast and is limited to a maximum of 30 places this year, so please register early. Full details of the route will follow, but we’ll be taking a close look at Cerne Abbas Giant, Corfe Castle, Durdle Door, Chesil Beach and so much more. Be assured it’ll be great cycling and a fully supported #TeamNorwood Challenge of good spirit, camaraderie, relaxed evenings and the warm glow of knowing you have supported some of the most vulnerable in our community.
Subject to UK Govt guidelines on Covid 19, we are based in the one Covid accredited location for this challenge in the heart of Dorchester, so with no luggage to move, we can relax each evening and enjoy the fresh air of the countryside.
- Three nights half board accommodation (twin sharing). Limited singles available on request and subject to an additional charge
- Picnic lunches on cycling days – likely to be café based
- Water and snacks on the support vehicle(s)
- Fully supported ride with organised refreshment stops, ride leaders, support vehicle, mechanic and first aid qualified staff
- Complimentary Norwood Cycle Jersey
What’s not included:
- Your travel to and from Dorchester. Travel by car (approx. 2hr 30 mins from NW London) or train (to Dorchester South and 10 min walk/short taxi ride).
- Bike hire or any personal cycling equipment, clothing or helmet (obligatory). A road or gravel bike is recommended. Bike hire can be organised for you.
- Optional return bike transfer from Stanmore to Dorchester – at an additional charge of £50 per bike.
- Any tips, trips, entry fees, coffees or personal expenses.
How challenging is it?
This is a moderate physical challenge requiring stamina, good health and a good level of general fitness. You should be used to regular cycles of up to 6+ hours in the saddle and should factor inplenty of endurance training to maintain the distances required over consecutive days. While not technically difficult, the route has been designed to be challenging – but achievable – with some regular training.
Registration & Fundraising
To secure your place on this event, we’ll be asking for an initial registration fee of £150. You will then have the option to (A) fundraise the entire balance (B) cover the costs of the challenge yourself and fundraise a minimum amount or (C) Cover the entire costs of the challenge and the minimum fundraising requirement yourself.
Please note that these amounts vary depending on whether you are aged over 35, or 35 or under. Click Register Today to find out more and book your place.
You will be required to complete a medical form and sign a disclaimer. This itinerary may be subject to change and to the latest UK Govt guidelines – which will be reviewed in the lead up to the event.