background image div
Volunteer Recognition Awards
This is your chance to show our volunteers just how special they are...
We all have volunteers working alongside us every day and we all know what an amazing job they do. Show your appreciation by nominating them for Norwood's Volunteer Recognition Awards.
These annual awards, which will be held on 13 September 2016, are one of the ways that Norwood recognises the contribution of our 1,000+ volunteers, who support us to provide vital services to thousands of people every year, including vulnerable children and their families, children with special educational needs, and people with learning disabilities.
Nominations don't open until 23 May, but please get your thinking caps on now so that you'll be ready to put forward your volunteer nominations when the time comes.
All of you who nominate will, of course, be invited along with your nominees to our prestigious awards, which will be held at the Royal Air Force Museum on the evening of Tuesday 13 September 2016.
The RAF Museum
The Awards Categories
• Young People – this award is for volunteers who are 25 years and under and who are involved in voluntary activity within Norwood.
• Fundraising Ambassador/s – this award is for an individual, group or committee who has made a significant or unique contribution to Norwood’s fundraising activity.
• Volunteer Champion – this award is for a person/people* who bring a level of expertise or skill to the organisation through contributing to a committee, as a trustee or in an advisory capacity. *To include those who have stepped down in the last 12 months
• Unsung Hero/es – this award is to recognise a volunteer or group who has made a substantive yet often unrecognised contribution to Norwood’s work.
• Community Award – this award is to recognise the support given to Norwood from a community partner over the last 12 months.
• Corporate Partnership Award – this award is to recognise the support given to Norwood from a business partner over the last 12 months.
• Lady J Award – this award is to honour individuals who have, during their volunteering lifetime, acted as an inspirational Norwood Ambassador.
• Queen’s 90th Commemorative Outstanding Contribution Award – this award is made on behalf of Norwood to mark an outstanding contribution by an individual or group.
Nominations have now closed -- check back for the shortlisted winners
The 2015 Awards